Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alright! Thanks to my mentor Brian I now have a semi-clean build procedure in place.
I just type 'make' and it compiles both libmemcached and mysql together nicely.

The previous setup was rather hackish and involved some bash scripts I'm not proud of, but it worked. I suppose since Google sent me a book on how to write Beautiful Code, I should really be writing code accordingly.

Just two weeks until 'midterm review' ... *panics*
I feel like I am making good progress despite my lack of time.
I'd really like to have something functional in the next two weeks, bugs are inevitable.
My mentor said that it was important to find my "Hello World!" as he put it when working on this project. I'm not sure how to define that though, it compiles, it runs, it connects to memcached, but is that Hello World worthy enough or am I worrying too much?

I'm going to stick to my goal of trying to have it at least try to cache and hit before the review, but I will likely fall short.

I should blog more, the weekly updates are nice, but a more frequent update cycle would help to keep me on track.

Happy coding!

No comments: